Date: 6th Apr 2011
Venue: L'Escargot, London
Reigning supreme over Soho's restaurant landscape since 1927, now run by the eponymous Marco Pierre White, L'Escargot will be the setting for this fantastic Dining Club.
To compliment such a wonderful venue we have a critically important area of your IT strategy as our focus for the evening, Data Centre Migration.
For many organisations, there are big decisions on the table with regards their data centres. With limited opportunity for increasing their real estate, power and cooling provision, yet increasing demands from the business for more storage and processing capacity, many data centres are at a crossroads.
This CBR Dining Club will look at the challenges faced in the modern data centre and assess some of the strategies for overcoming them. In particular:
- The potential for consolidating data centres or moving over-capacity data centres to new locations
- The potential for migrating all or some functions of a data centre to the cloud
- Strategies for maximising existing data centre density and capacity, and the relevant challenges and opportunities in each case
This event is aimed at CIO's, data centre managers, IT service delivery managers and other senior IT decision-makers with responsibility for data centre infrastructure and strategy. The event is sure to be informative, spark debate, and provide plenty of opportunity for you to network with your peers about their own experiences and best practices.
Who should attend?
- Anyone planning to migrate, extend, or modernise an existing data centre
- Anyone planning to consolidate data centres or move some provision to the cloud
- Anyone struggling with low data centre utilisation rates seeking to boost efficiency and agility
The Dining Club kicks off at 6.45 and we would love to welcome you to what should be a thoroughly interesting and entertaining evening.